Federated User aka ADFS integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have just started looking at the Azure RMS service and seem to have hit an issue that i'm unable to get past. Our Azure AD tenant is federated with our on prem ADFS infrastructure. The RMS Sharing application on IOS is able to login fine and I can protect and send images on these devices. My issue is with the full windows application it appears to install fine on my Win 8.1 device but when i subsequently try to use it it asked me to authenticate which I try todo but it fails saying user ID or password is incorrect. The dialog i see is trying to authenticate me against rmsoprodna-b-sts-ncu.cloudapp.net. It may also be worth noting that we are using both on prem and Azure MFA with out Azure AD tenant.

any help would be gratefully received.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:18 AM

All replies

• I have now tried uninstalling and reinstalling the full windows RMS Sharing application with no luck as well as making sure my in prem upn matches the user in Azure. Next up a user that doesn't have MFA enabled but it looks to me like maybe the RMS Sharing client isn't able to recognise that a given user ID should actually be authenticated against an onprem ADFS infrastructure as you don't get the familiar redirect when you enter your user ID. Does anyone know if this application implements something similar to the Office ADAL library?
    Wednesday, June 24, 2015 2:16 AM
  • I'm going to try to verify that we can use ADAL now with the Sharing App. It has been just using the Sign In Assistant, so that would prohibit MFA.

Enabling logging, might show us something:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18103.microsoft-online-services-sign-in-assistant-how-to-enable-debug-tracing.aspx

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 6:26 PM
  • Eddie i have the trace files but given it's content i'd rather not post it here is there a good way to get it to you
    Thursday, July 2, 2015 8:07 PM
  • Any luck finding out about the ADAL support?
    Friday, July 31, 2015 11:51 PM
  • I can confirm that the currently released version does not have ADAL support. It's right around the corner however. I can't confirm a definite ETA.
    Friday, July 31, 2015 11:58 PM
  • Looks like the latest release now supports redirection to and onprem ADFS farm and MFA also works this thanks for all the work.
    Saturday, September 19, 2015 12:26 AM
  • Sunday, September 27, 2015 5:31 PM