Another taskbar bug? RRS feed

• Question

• I want my taskbar at left, then I did it i found a trouble. I have all my applications pinned to the taskbar (see image 1).
    Then I moved the taskbar at left I got a scrollbar because I have a lot of  pinned applications. So I tried to resize the taskbar at right  and the scrollbar is still there (see image 2).

Image 1: http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t262/Bf2Nicke/Other/Bump.jpg
    Image 2: http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t262/Bf2Nicke/Other/Bump2.jpg

Is it a bug or can I fix this with a setting?
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:29 PM

Answers

• nicke157,

I can duplicate this issue on Windows 7 32bit. Your taskbar is more than one row of icons. when you move the taskbar to the left, it will not start a second column of icons, so you get the scrollbar. It doesn't matter how far out you drag the taskbar, only one column of icons ever shows up.
    Apparently this has been known, since I found it detailed here. I hope it's fixed in the final also.
    • Marked as answer by nicke157 Friday, June 26, 2009 9:58 AM
    Friday, June 26, 2009 3:42 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• I don't see the scrollbar in your second image. Do you? I know there are a few bugs in Windows 7 RC related to moving the taskbar that may be fixed by Windows 7 final.

-Nick
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:54 PM
  • nicke157,

I can duplicate this issue on Windows 7 32bit. Your taskbar is more than one row of icons. when you move the taskbar to the left, it will not start a second column of icons, so you get the scrollbar. It doesn't matter how far out you drag the taskbar, only one column of icons ever shows up.
    Apparently this has been known, since I found it detailed here. I hope it's fixed in the final also.
    • Marked as answer by nicke157 Friday, June 26, 2009 9:58 AM
    Friday, June 26, 2009 3:42 AM
    Answerer
  • nicke157,

Apparently this has been known, since I found it detailed here . I hope it's fixed in the final also.
    Okey.
    Friday, June 26, 2009 9:57 AM