SCSM Customize showing users list RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I want create service request for unlock user when it locked after entering the wrong password.

I create a service request template, runbook in SCORCH, runbook activity template, Request offering for self-service portal.

And now, on self-service portal for any user who can send this service request, listed all users from AD.

Please tell me someway how can I restrict the showing users list for my end users.

Example 

Head of Departament can see only its employees (In AD for all users filled Manager Name filed )

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 9:12 AM

Answers

• Hi

I don't think that you can construct a portal query like that. One that takes a user property (manager) and finds users based on that property.

The best you could do is place the logic in the Runbook - that is, check that the employee chosen was an employee of that manager before doing the Unlock steps. 

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 11:04 AM

All replies

• Hi

I don't think that you can construct a portal query like that. One that takes a user property (manager) and finds users based on that property.

The best you could do is place the logic in the Runbook - that is, check that the employee chosen was an employee of that manager before doing the Unlock steps. 

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 11:04 AM
  • I thought about this option. Not the best solution. but it seems this is the only way.
    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 12:44 PM