none
Status Manager should be Project Manager RRS feed

• Question

• I have designed a flow in system that Project Initiation Team will create a Project and enter relevant Project Information.

This creation includes:

1. Project Name (will enter the name)
    2. Owner (will select from Active Directory list)
    3. Department (will select from lookup table)
    4. Project Schedule Template
    5. etc

Project created and checked-in.

Now, I see "Status Manager" is the user who created the Project not "Owner" in Project Schedule.

I want all tasks' Status Manager should be the one who is (selected) Owner of the Project. How can I achieve this automatically for all new projects?

Regards,

Noman Sohail

Thursday, June 9, 2016 9:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Noman

You can't. The status manager is by default the project creator, not the project owner field, and can only be changed in MS Project Pro, inserting the given column.

Note that the status manager value in Project Pro cannot be updated by the admin since it shows up only the current user, the current status manager and eventually any user who already opened and saved once the project. So in your creation procedure, you have to add that the project owner has to open the project in MS Project after it has been created, insert the "status manager" column and set his name for all tasks in the project. It will be ok for all new tasks.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by NomanSohail Monday, June 13, 2016 7:04 AM
    Thursday, June 9, 2016 10:14 AM