none
DPM 2012 Disks and FireStreamer VTL Replication Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been searching through the forums but cant find anything that really answers what I am trying to do with DPM 2012 and FireStreamer.

I recently downloaded a demo of FireStreamer to create a VTL for my DPM server.  I know that with DPM and FireStreamer I can back up to tape or disk.  But I am try to use this as part of my DR plan and need the data to be copied to both.

What I am wanting to do is, have my nightly backups to disk on my local DMP server.  Then once a week I want to replicate that DPM data to the VTL library on an external USB hard drive connected to my DPM server to be taken off site.  Then replace the one I took off site with another VTL converted USB drive.

DPM Daily Back>>Disk
    Saturday- All DPM backups>>to VTL (USB connected drive) to be taken off-site and 2nd USB connected drive to DPM.

So basically I would have two drives. Daily backups would happen on the server and then once a week that data would be replicated to the VTL drive.  I would take that drive off site and replace it with another VTL and the process would repeat.

Is this possible??  So far I have to either choose disk or tape for my backup.  I cannot find the option that I am looking for.

Thanks

Cheston

Thursday, January 28, 2016 9:56 PM