ADRMS Doubts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Hello Guys,

I am installing and configuring ADRMS in the company I work and I have some questions:

1 - When the User 1 sends an encrypted message intended only for User 2, someone else can read the contents of this message? Some domain admin account? Some process that allows read this message?

2 - Imagine that two users that no longer exist in AD, it is possible to recover this message? How is it possible?

Regards

Monday, September 9, 2013 6:10 PM

Answers

• 1) That is correct, unless you use the Superuser feature, or an Domain Admin makes himself Superuser.

2) Yes, you need the RMS-protected email or file, and if you are a Superuser you can access it. If you are not a Superuser you can assign the email address of the previous owner to an existing owner and this user will get a use license in the same way the previous owner had.

• Marked as answer by severen.br Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:32 PM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1 - With Outlook only the user 2 can read the email if you use the default template Do not forward. If you use a custom template everyone listed in that template (single user, group, everyone) can read the email if they receive that email one way or the other. You can also enable Superusers, so a user listed there can read every email or document. So a superuser will always get a owner-like use license.

2 - See 1 about superuser. And of course you need to have that message somewhere accessible. 

Let me know if you have further questions on this topic.

Regards,

Lutz

Monday, September 9, 2013 8:52 PM
  • Hi Lutz,

Thanks for the answer ...

If I understand correctly

In the first question (1) another user can read the contents of the message only if I set up a template for that? If I keep the Default template, a user Domain Admin can not read the message?

In the second question (2) I will be able to retrieve a message even if users have been removed from my environment?

Regards

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:02 PM
  • 1) That is correct, unless you use the Superuser feature, or an Domain Admin makes himself Superuser.

2) Yes, you need the RMS-protected email or file, and if you are a Superuser you can access it. If you are not a Superuser you can assign the email address of the previous owner to an existing owner and this user will get a use license in the same way the previous owner had.

• Marked as answer by severen.br Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:32 PM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:14 PM