none
Hide Advanced Search link in FIM Portal for a particular Search Scope RRS feed

All replies

• Hello,

sadly hiding the advanced search button is only possible for all search scopes.

You cannot configure that on a per scope base.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by UNIFYBobMVP Saturday, August 15, 2015 12:51 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by UNIFYBobMVP Saturday, August 15, 2015 12:52 PM
    • Proposed as answer by UNIFYBobMVP Saturday, August 15, 2015 12:54 PM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 11:05 AM
  • Thanks for the quick response Peter. Is there any other way to achieve it apart from OOB options.

Veena

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 11:07 AM
  • Hi

I'm not quite sure, Ike has done some fantastic "hacks" with Jquery, you can take a look on his presentation at the FIM Team User Group.

https://tlktechidentitythoughts.wordpress.com/2015/02/

Maybe it is possible to not only hide fields dynamiclly and do it with links links also.

Of course this way (if possible) is not supported.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by UNIFYBobMVP Saturday, August 15, 2015 12:54 PM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 11:21 AM
  • Hi Peter,

I am coming back late to this post but your tips finally helped me when I started implementing this piece of work last week.

Guys,

Please find the solution

We went ahead and modified the NewPopupPicker.aspx which was the pop up page we were getting when clicking on Advanced Search link.

I found it in the path below. It may vary for your environment.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\MSILM2SitePages\SitePages\aspx\common

Added the below piece of code

<script type="text/javascript">
    window.onload = function ()
    {
     var myAdvancedSearch = document.getElementById("ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_NewPopupPicker_listView_searchMode").parentNode;
            var dropdownList= document.getElementById("ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_NewPopupPicker_listView_listViewSearchControl_ctl00_searchItemListsID");
            var dropDownListValue=dropdownList.options[dropdownList.selectedIndex].value;
     if (myAdvancedSearch != null)
             {
               if(dropDownListValue =="<Search Scope Name>")
                 {
                   myAdvancedSearch.style.display="none";
                 }
             }

}
    </script>

Regards,

Veena

Veena

Friday, August 14, 2015 11:24 AM
  • Be careful about using javascript on pages in the common folder or any page that will be used by different processes in FIM. While it will work in the localized page/process that you want it to work, it may cause other processes to stall and the page to hang. For instance in another page where there is no searchscope of that name, you expect the statement to be equal to false and fail? perhaps not. Test ALL processes when you add javascript to the common pages.
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:43 AM
  • I don't mean to take away from anyone's amazing work (I'm truly a fan Ike!), but... I'd like to stress that the product allows removal of Advanced Search for all scopes.  Anything else would fall into unsupported territory unless product support has said otherwise.  As Ike mentions, you are really risking stability going down this road. My suggestion would be to open a ticket directly with Microsoft support and get the business need over to the product group.  Microsoft products change over time based on customer feedback.  That's how we as a community drive product changes.

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:08 PM