Issue with SCOM, as no new events in SCOM console. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am facing an issue with my SCOM R1, as there are no new events in the console. Can someone please help me with this. I see that the event id 29106 in the ops manager event log. What could the reason behind this. I have not made any changes to SCOM recently. Please help in this.

Monday, February 21, 2011 5:25 AM

Answers

• This is probably due to the Older version on Win 2000 /2003 / 2008 Mp's still there in production. This is a known bug where teh configuration Service fails to run a proper discovery on the Windows Class of OS objects. Upgrading the Win Svr OS mp's to the latest version should resolve the issue.

With Regards

Jayanta Debnath

With Regards Jayanta Debnath
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Monday, March 7, 2011 9:58 AM
    Friday, March 4, 2011 2:20 PM

All replies

• i've no idea, not much info here...

What is event 29106 (description plz)? Where do you get this alert?

Rob Korving
    http://jama00.wordpress.com/
    Monday, February 21, 2011 11:59 AM
  • This is probably due to the Older version on Win 2000 /2003 / 2008 Mp's still there in production. This is a known bug where teh configuration Service fails to run a proper discovery on the Windows Class of OS objects. Upgrading the Win Svr OS mp's to the latest version should resolve the issue.

With Regards

Jayanta Debnath

With Regards Jayanta Debnath
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Monday, March 7, 2011 9:58 AM
    Friday, March 4, 2011 2:20 PM
  • No new events?  or Alerts?  If no data is being presented in the alert views, then clear your IE cache (sounds odd, but they are somehow linked) and then watch the magic unfold before your eyes.  Happens for jacked up alert details as well.  This maybe your issue.
    Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/
    Monday, March 7, 2011 5:45 AM
  • Hi Subhash,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, March 7, 2011 9:59 AM