none
Setting up infrastructure domain and network devices using Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

With the help of various resources like you tube videos and ebooks, I am studying and preparing for Microsoft Azure myself.

Almost all resources are basically focused on explaining various topics related to Microsoft Azure.

I read that a lot of stuffs can be done on Azure like setting up Windows Server AD, Web hosting, etc.

For instance, I created and setup a Windows Server AD on Azure. There are desktop computers, laptops, printers etc. in an infrastructure and I have to add all computers and printer to Windows Server AD. I couldn't find any resources that can explain step-by-step procedures for setting up an infrastructure domain and network devices using Azure.

Can someone here be kind enough to suggest me some references that can explain how to set up infrastructure domain and network devices using Azure with examples, please?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

InTechSys

InTechSys

Thursday, January 10, 2019 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Setting up domain controllers on Azure VMs is pretty much same as you do onpremises. You can take following article as reference to setup the infra for creating and running a domain controller on azure.

https://www.assistanz.com/steps-to-create-new-active-directory-forest-in-azure-portal/

Regards

https://www.udemy.com/mastering-dns-on-windows-server-2012-r2/?couponCode=code100 MCTS|MCSE|MCSA:Messaging|CCNA

Friday, January 11, 2019 2:35 AM
  • I am thankful to you for replying me for the thread. Also I am thankful for your efforts for finding the reference for me. The link referred by you is helpful. The link says ….

How to create a Resource Group?

How to create a Virtual Network?

How to create a new Availability Set?

How to create a DC1 VM?

How to assign a Static IP Address?

How to enable Custom DNS?

How to install AD on DC1 VM and promote DC1 to DC?

How to create and prepare DC2 VM?

How to install AD on DC2 VM and promote DC2 to DC?

I completely understood the above steps.

Apart from above steps I created OUs, users, shared folders, etc. on AD DC1 VM.

Assuming AD DC1 VM has been setup completely. Now I have to add office’s computers (laptop/ desktop) to AD DC1 VM as member of domain.

In addition, I have to add a network printer on AD DC1 VM. I couldn’t find any references that can explain these stuffs. Please be kind to find and suggest me such references. In advance, I would be thankful to you.

InTechSys

Friday, January 11, 2019 10:48 PM
  • I assume you have network printers in on-premises and you have connectivity between on-premises and Azure. If you want to use domain controller as a print server then just install the print queues as you normally do on an on-premises print server for adding a network printer.

Search for Devices and Printers in Start >> Add printer >> follow the steps to add a network printer \\IPofprinter\printsharename

https://www.udemy.com/mastering-dns-on-windows-server-2012-r2/?couponCode=code100 MCTS|MCSE|MCSA:Messaging|CCNA

Monday, January 14, 2019 4:46 AM
  • I agree my question is too broad. I try to simplify this question. I divide this question in two parts;

one part is totally focused to Windows AD DC created on Microsoft Azure and many other stuffs related to Azure.

Another part is joining other computers to the Windows AD DC. There are many resources explaining stuffs in details related to part one.

Basically my question is focused to another part i.e. joining other computers and printers of premises to Windows AD DC.

Please be kind to find references for me related to part two.

InTechSys

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 11:08 PM
  • I setup a Windows AD DC on Azure. Now I have to join Windows 10 computers to Windows AD DC setup on Azure. Please guide me steps.

InTechSys

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 8:40 PM