none
Not able to Display Rating custom field in Fast Search Result from Sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am tring to display rating field form Sharepoint 2010 into Fast Search's Results page. I have done the following.

I have created Rating column for a document library and add some data. Execute a Full crawl.

Then created Managed metada called Rating(Decimal) and RatingCount(Integer.) and did a full crawl again.

Then I have added <Column Name="Rating"/>  in Search Core Results > Display Properties >Fetched Properties. and modified the xsl as follows

<div class="{$docPreviewStyle} srch-Metadata2">
                    <xsl:call-template name="DisplayAuthors">
                        <xsl:with-param name="author" select="author" />
                    </xsl:call-template>

<xsl:text> Rating </xsl:text>

<xsl:value-of select="rating"/>
     <xsl:value-of select="Rating"/>
    <!--   <xsl:value-of select="contentid"/>

<xsl:value-of select="internalid"/>  -->

My issue is i am getting the error "

And while i am trying to create Matadata through Power shell i am getting the following error.

PS E:\FASTSearch\bin> Get-FASTSearchResource

cmdlet Get-FASTSearchResource at command pipeline position 1
    Supply values for the following parameters:
    FilePath: PS E:\FASTSearch\bin> Get-FASTSearchSpelltuningStatus
    Spelltuning is active.
    PS E:\FASTSearch\bin> Get-FASTSearchMetadataCrawledPropertyMapping
    Get-FASTSearchMetadataCrawledPropertyMapping : Parameter set cannot be resolved using the specified named parameters.
    At line:1 char:45
    + Get-FASTSearchMetadataCrawledPropertyMapping <<<<
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Get-FASTSearchM...PropertyMapping], ParameterBindingException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AmbiguousParameterSet,Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Administration.Commandlets.Schema.GetMetadataCrawledPropertyMappingCommand

PS E:\FASTSearch\bin> Get-FASTSearchMetadataCrawledProperty
    Get-FASTSearchMetadataCrawledProperty : Failed to communicate with the WCF service.
    At line:1 char:38
    + Get-FASTSearchMetadataCrawledProperty <<<<
        + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (:) [Get-FASTSearchMetadataCrawledProperty], AdminException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : e107: Failed to communicate with the WCF service.,Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Administration.Commandlets.Schema.GetMetadataCrawledPropertyCommand

I also would like to know how can i make sure my account has got sufficient rights to add magaged metadata.

Thanks is Advance.

Tom Geo Jain

Property doesn't exist or is used in a manner inconsistent with schema settings.

".

And when i am trying to show internalid or contentid i am able to display the same.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

In order to execute the FAST cmdlets your user account has to be a member of the local FASTSearchAdministrators group on the server you are executing the command at. Also open the FAST PowerShell windows with administrative privileges.

To check that your managed property exists run:

Get-FASTSearchMetadataManagedProperty rating

You can also try to retrieve the column using lowercase

<Column Name="rating"/> 

Regards,
    Mikael Svenson

Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/WCF4/ASP.Net4
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:53 AM
  • Hi Mikael,

I am getting the the following while i am trying

Get-FASTSearchMetadataManagedProperty rating

PS E:\FASTSearch\bin> Get-FASTSearchMetadataManagedProperty rating

Name                   : Rating
    Description            :
    Type                   : Decimal
    Queryable              : True
    StemmingEnabled        : False
    RefinementEnabled      : True
    MergeCrawledProperties : False
    SubstringEnabled       : False
    DeleteDisallowed       : False
    MappingDisallowed      : False
    MaxIndexSize           : 1024
    MaxResultSize          : 64
    DecimalPlaces          : 3
    SortableType           : SortableEnabled
    SummaryType            : Disabled

Similerly i am getting RatingCount as well in the Powershell.

I am able toconfigure the RatingCount in the Refiner. I am able to do fielded search like rating:2 and it returns the correct results as well. But while trying  to addit to the feteched property it is throwing follwing error

Property doesn't exist or is used in a manner inconsistent with schema settings   

And i am getting the following errors in ULF logs:

FASTQueryInternal::Execute--Invalid Property Exception when trying to search FAST backend: ratingcount

SearchServiceApplication::Execute--Exception: ratingcount

AbstractSearchGateway::Search--Exception when searching for a. Ex: ratingcount

FASTSearchRuntime::SendRequest--Invalid Property Exception when trying to search FAST backend: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.

FastSearchGateway::GetQueryResult--Unrecognized Field Exception searching on QRServer: http://<server>:13287 -- Exception: Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Query.Query.UnrecognizedFieldException: Field ratingcount not found in search results.     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Query.Result.TextResultParser.ReadDocument(TextReader reader)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Query.Result.TextResultParser.ParseInternal(TextReader reader)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Query.Result.TextResultParser.Parse(Stream result)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Query.Http.AbstractUrlBasedSearchEngine.SearchInternal(IQuery query, IResultParser parser, String urlStr)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Query.Http.AbstractUrlBasedSearchEngine.Search(IQuery query)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Gateway.FastSearchGateway.GetQueryResult(IQuery query)

Thanks in Advance.

Tom Geo Jain

Friday, October 7, 2011 1:56 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Could you try to enter the property in lowercase

<Column Name="rating"/>

If you have sp1 or later it shouldn't matter, but worth a try.

Regards,
    Mikael Svenson 

Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/WCF4/ASP.Net4
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:27 PM