DVD drives not recognized RRS feed

• Question

• Just wondering if anyone else was having this problem.  I have a new Dell PC.  It has duel DVD drives and at first Vista recognizes them and there are no issues.  However after about 10 -15 minutes, they are no longer recognized by Vista.  I go into my computer and try to open the Drive and it say's that there is no disc even if there is one in there.  Also, occasionally the drive dissappears altogether.  Anyone else having this problem?
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 6:58 PM

All replies

•  

I have window XP installed and the last time Windows Auto Updated both of my DVD drives disappeared. I tried a system Restore but unfortunately none of the resore points worked. I then attempted to unisntall via the Device Manager then reboot windows. Windows did indeed find the two DVD's but unfortunaitly again when I open up My Computer they are not there.

My next step would have been to re-install widows but how do you do that when niether of your DVD's cannot read the XP disk? ..

My final attempt was replace on of the DVD's with one which was installed previously and worked ok. Again the same results. Widowns recognizes the drive but when you try to use it .. its not there..As before in the Device manager the device appears but is shaded yellow. How can I repair this problem ??

If anyonce can help my e-mail addy is ..

richard_ryan1@hotmail.com

Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:05 AM