none
Saving network share passwords in Steady State RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello!

I want to add network shares on a user account in Steady State. I have enabled the disk protection. After I installed Steady State, saving passwords on shares are not possible. This is probably for safety reasons. I want to autologon to these shares. How do i enable this for network shares? 

Thanks in advance :)

Saturday, October 10, 2009 8:40 PM

All replies

• Hi k4ke, you can uncheck the restriction "Do not allow Windows to compute and store passwords using LAN Manager Hash values" under "Set computer restriction" and see the result.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, October 12, 2009 7:25 AM
  • I have that box removed, but still it does not work. Any ideas? Trying to uncheck all boxes and see what happens.
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 9:48 PM
  • Seems to work. Don't know what box that triggered this. I will investigate when I have time to check it out.
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 9:50 PM
  • The box for saving passwords is there now. On the admin user, it actually gets saved when ticker is checked. On regular users, the box is there, but saved passwords get deleted at restart, even though i turn of hdd-protection while doing this. I have unchecked all the boxes now, but still not working.
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 10:34 AM