none
Inconsistency in reports with Odata RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

We have Project Online with Project Professional 2013. We use excel 2016 to download data set of projects and build reports, We use Odata protocol. The field Duration  in the report show the data different (a long number), and the duration in Project Professional show duration normal.  we use custom calendars (8,5 hours per day). See images below: 

Anyone know why the values in the duration field are displayed this way. In other fields it eliminates the decimals as well.

Regards,

Alex.

Friday, May 26, 2017 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi, if you divide your duration with 8.5 you'll get 3430 - so a deviation of the factor 10. I checked it in my environment and I'm not facing this issue. As a workaround, you can divide the value with 10 and you'll get a proper result.

Best regards, Julian Project Blog

• Marked as answer by Alex_ aijou Wednesday, July 19, 2017 7:58 PM
    Friday, July 14, 2017 6:42 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Duration is always displayed in minutes, so a "standard" day = 480 minutes.  As Workener says your's are out by a factor of 10.  just checked mine from PO and they are okay both for the Project oData feed and the Task oData feed (both have duration values).

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Saturday, July 15, 2017 8:25 PM

All replies

• Hi, if you divide your duration with 8.5 you'll get 3430 - so a deviation of the factor 10. I checked it in my environment and I'm not facing this issue. As a workaround, you can divide the value with 10 and you'll get a proper result.

Best regards, Julian Project Blog

Friday, July 14, 2017 6:42 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Duration is always displayed in minutes, so a "standard" day = 480 minutes.  As Workener says your's are out by a factor of 10.  just checked mine from PO and they are okay both for the Project oData feed and the Task oData feed (both have duration values).

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Saturday, July 15, 2017 8:25 PM
  • Thank you very much for you help! 
    Wednesday, July 19, 2017 7:59 PM