Policies disappear from FCS Mgmt Console RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I'm running an eval of FCS for my organisation.

I'm operating a single server config yet completed an exercise to move the Onepoint databases to a dedicated SQL server so as to assess my future options.

When I moved the Db (per the technet article 841429), I noted that the 3 policies I had previously deployed were missing from the FCS Mgmt console.

I moved the Db back...still missing the 3 policies.

I understood the policies resided in the Onepoint Db so I'm surprised they are missing. Am logged is as a Db owner and a domain admin.

Can anyone advise?

Many thanks,

Aengus

Thursday, March 6, 2008 11:43 PM

All replies

• Sometimes the easiest way is the best one.

just go to GPMC and delete the old policies. create new ones via FCS management console...

Friday, March 7, 2008 9:01 PM
  •  Yaniv Feldman wrote:

Sometimes the easiest way is the best one.

just go to GPMC and delete the old policies. create new ones via FCS management console...

Thanks Yaniv,

If that is the best solution, then you are supporting my arguement to my boss that this product is not to standard for the mid to large corporate.

I have 3000 clients and over 200 servers and will end up with multiple policies (particularly for the servers) linked into existing GPO's, having the pain of manual recreation of policies should I extend my FCS infrastructure is unacceptable.

Aengus

Friday, March 7, 2008 9:23 PM
  • Hey Aengus,

I mentioned this as the easiest and simplest solution. you can always try and debug the problem.

either way, I now have a deployment of 6000 clients and 500 servers with 2 x 3 server pods which works great. the customer's end-user just keep on complementing FCS for its ability to do it job without disturbing their work...

I've done design for large deployment and as long as you do the initial design properly, there shouldn't be any problem to scale up.

Friday, March 7, 2008 9:29 PM