Vista minor issues that needs tweaking can you help plz? no documentation anywhere? RRS feed

• Question

• My problems are circled in RED in the picture
    1) How do I get rid of the 666Satan file from the recommend program list for the "OPEN WITH" sub-menu? It's quite annoying their must be a fix but i cant find it
    2) How do I change the Icons for lets say for example the left RED circled file which is a .MP4 file?
    You guys are my last avenue of help before i swith over to linux or ubuntu
    Regards,
    Spilt_milk

btw my rig is a
    Dual Cpu 2 x AMD 2222SE on a Supermicro H8DA3-2
    Dual 8800 ultras maybe or if they offer a 8*** series version of 7950 GX2

Does microsoft even respond to these post i even bought the vista ultimate edition hoping that it will have a great tech support base
    Friday, July 20, 2007 2:21 AM

All replies

• http://windowsxp.mvps.org/OpenWith.htm

hope u r comfy working in the registry... 

Friday, July 20, 2007 5:07 PM
  • i TRIED THAT ALREADY AND THE RESPOSE WAS NOTHING. WHAT I DID WAS SELESCTED A .ZIP FILE , RIGHT CLICK CHOSE "OPEN WITH IN THE SUBMENU THEN i CHOSE browse BECAUSE THE PROGRAM CDISPLAY WAS NOT IN THE LIST. tHEN AFTER PRESSING BROWSE AND FINDING THE APPLICATION CDISPLAY.EXE PRESSED ENTER AND THEN NOTHING HAPPENED

SO THIS IS MY ISSUE.

I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO GET CDISPLAY IN THE "OPEN WITH"'s RECOMMENDED SELECTIONS LIST no throught the ordinary route to do it like you with other normal files BUT with REGEDIT or any suggestions you guys can give
    Saturday, July 21, 2007 10:37 PM