Accessing RDS VDI Collection RRS feed

• Question

• After some misc. issues I now have a Windows 2012 R2 RDS VDI setup configured with 2 collections - Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.  I am able to get to both of these just fine via RDWeb, but can't seem to figure out how to get to them via Remote Desktop.  Is that possible?  I want to provide clients with an RDP shortcut and just go from there.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Thursday, December 4, 2014 10:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can log on to RDWeb using a non-IE browser, download the .rdp files for the collections, and distribute these to users if you want.  Downside of this is when you make future changes to the RDS deployment that affect the contents of the files you will need to re-distribute them.

Another alternative is to have users set up RemoteApp and Desktop Connections via Control Panel, or use Remote Resources, depending on the client OS.

-TP

Thursday, December 4, 2014 10:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can log on to RDWeb using a non-IE browser, download the .rdp files for the collections, and distribute these to users if you want.  Downside of this is when you make future changes to the RDS deployment that affect the contents of the files you will need to re-distribute them.

Another alternative is to have users set up RemoteApp and Desktop Connections via Control Panel, or use Remote Resources, depending on the client OS.

-TP

Thursday, December 4, 2014 10:50 PM
  • Hi,

How is everything going on? Is there any update for your case?

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 8, 2014 5:27 AM