none
Windows vista update error code 80072EFE RRS feed

• Question

•  

Everytime I run windows update I keep getting this error code. I recently installed the new windows vista service pack and it fixed a lot of the problems that I am having with vista however , this problem persists. i ran through windows help and that didnt help at all. If anyone has had this problem and has found a solution please let me know.
    Monday, April 7, 2008 8:18 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

If the issue does not occur after changing a network environment, we can infer the cause is related to the network environment limitation.

If the issue still occurs after reinstalling the system, the issue is probably not related to software. It can be caused by the network environment limitation.

If another Windows Vista computer encounters the same issue in this network environment, the issue is likely caused by the network environment limitation. Otherwise, the cause can be related to software.

Generally, anti-virus programs and firewalls can cause Windows Update issues.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:22 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

The error code 80072EFE usually occurs due to the network environment limitation. I suggest testing the issue in another network environment. For example, if your computer is in the school or Office, take it home and check the result. If your computer is in a domain, contact your domain administrator for more information.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 3:42 AM
  •  

actually the computer i am using is a laptop and i am stationed in iraq , which i think is the problem because our wireless internet connection is pretty weak. is there anyway to check to see if it is the internet connection or the software on my laptop.
    Wednesday, April 9, 2008 3:18 PM
  •  

Hi,

If the issue does not occur after changing a network environment, we can infer the cause is related to the network environment limitation.

If the issue still occurs after reinstalling the system, the issue is probably not related to software. It can be caused by the network environment limitation.

If another Windows Vista computer encounters the same issue in this network environment, the issue is likely caused by the network environment limitation. Otherwise, the cause can be related to software.

Generally, anti-virus programs and firewalls can cause Windows Update issues.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:22 AM
  • Suggestion 1: Run the TDSSKiller tool

============================

1. Download the file TDSSKiller.zip from the following link and save it on the Desktop.

http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.zip

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

2. Double click TDSSKiller.zip to unzip the file.

3. Double click TDSSKiller.exe to scan the system.

3. Wait for the scan and disinfection process to complete.

Now try Windows Update to see if the issue has been resolved. Please let us know if this step has resolved it. If not, please proceed to the next suggestion.

by the way i use to have the same probleme and i used the TDSSKILLER.ZIP and the probleme resolved perfectly

good lack

• Proposed as answer by 26charlie Saturday, October 9, 2010 7:47 AM
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 11:34 AM
  • euxaristw...............me voi8ises poli me ta stixia pou mou edwses

Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:23 AM
  • Suggestion 1: Run the TDSSKiller tool

============================

1. Download the file TDSSKiller.zip from the following link and save it on the Desktop.

http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.zip

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

2. Double click TDSSKiller.zip to unzip the file.

3. Double click TDSSKiller.exe to scan the system.

3. Wait for the scan and disinfection process to complete.

Now try Windows Update to see if the issue has been resolved. Please let us know if this step has resolved it. If not, please proceed to the next suggestion.

by the way i use to have the same probleme and i used the TDSSKILLER.ZIP and the probleme resolved perfectly

good lack

thanks work like treat less than 5mins to do from reading this.

• Proposed as answer by 26charlie Monday, October 18, 2010 2:31 AM
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:37 PM
  • After looking for possible software to cure the problem, the problem to this 80072EFE error was solved by this...  http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.exe thanks for your share.
    • Proposed as answer by rod cruz Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:26 PM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:25 PM