Timeline View RRS feed

• Question

• I have a beta of MS Project 2010.  In the Timeline view, is it possible to manipulate the dates.....IE, when I view it now, it is 1996, 1998, and 2000, etc....  I would like to be able to show like 1996, 1997, etc or whatever I would lie it to be....Is this possible?

Also,  It shows a dotted line that represents today.....can I alter that in any fashion?  Such as, I would like to make that a date range.
    Monday, March 8, 2010 9:24 PM

Answers

• You can't format the Timescale display for the Timeline view. For the Today line, you can change the text format and color of it but you can't set it as a range. To highlight a range of dates, you can add a new callout task or you can paste the Timeline into another Office application (such as Outlook or PowerPoint) and then add shapes to it. Thanks.
    Monday, March 8, 2010 9:53 PM

All replies

• You can't format the Timescale display for the Timeline view. For the Today line, you can change the text format and color of it but you can't set it as a range. To highlight a range of dates, you can add a new callout task or you can paste the Timeline into another Office application (such as Outlook or PowerPoint) and then add shapes to it. Thanks.
    Monday, March 8, 2010 9:53 PM
  • Well, is there a way that we can request this to be changed since it is in beta? 
    Monday, March 8, 2010 10:46 PM
  • Hello rflanary,

That's a great idea! But.....

The Release Candidtae (RC)  has been released and so that means all enhancements and new features have been set in stone for the new release.

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT
    www.WhartonComputer.com 
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 1:55 PM
  • rflanary --

If you click anywhere in the Timeline view to to make it the active view, you can zoom in and zoom out to change the timescale of the Timeline view.  Does that help at all?

Dale Howard [MVP]
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 4:13 PM