none
Reminder Email Workflow with different triggers

Question

• I have a SharePoint List with a Due Date that is automatically calculated when the List item is created and a blank extension date field.

I am trying to create a workflow that will send out an email to the assigned individuals when the item is 2 days overdue. Unless an extension Date is added and then I want the workflow to track and send out an email 2 days after the Extended Date.

Here is the workflow I have so far (I have SP Designer 2013 but only access to SP 2010 for workflows)

So a few problems with the above.

1) Once it activates for the original Due Date it doesn't reset when an Extended Date is added

2) I forced it through to test the Extended Date and that works properly except if the Extended Date changes (and it frequently will) the workflow doesn't reset based on the new date.

The fields involved with this are:

Due Date & Overdue Date-2 Days

Requested Extension Date & Ext Due Date-2 Days

I know I'm missing a step but I am at a loss as to how to get this all to trigger and update correctly.

Friday, May 17, 2019 5:03 PM

All replies

• Basically you have to send email on following conditions:

1: Send email after 2 days of created date?

2: Send second email after extension date?

if status changed to inactive before 2 days created date then don't have to send email right?

if i understand your problem correctly let me know so i can share workflow steps with you. 

Saturday, May 18, 2019 12:17 AM
  • Hi AnthonyS80,

Do you mean when the “Requested Extension Date” field changes from blank to some date, the workflow will trigger again with the new “Requested Extension Date” value?

If that’s the case, make sure the previous workflow is completed before you change the “Requested Extension Date” field value. Then in the workflow settings->Start Options, tick “Start workflow automatically when an item is changed”, then publish this workflow.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, May 20, 2019 9:24 AM
  • Hi AnthonyS80,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, May 27, 2019 9:46 AM