none
DPM cannot access the path C:\ because part of the path has been deleted or renamed. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using DPM 2016 to protect some servers and a couple of Windows 10 workstations, all domain joined.. We recently replaced one of the workstations (call it \\Computer-1). In doing this, I stopped protection on Computer-1 and uninstalled the RA. The replacement computer is also named Computer-1. I re-installed the RA on Computer-1.  When trying to add it to the protection group and protect a file share, I get the following error:

DPM cannot access the path C:\ because part of the path has been deleted or renamed.

Check the path and enter it again.

ID: 36
    Details: Internal error code: 0x80990F43

Any ideas where I can look to resolve this?

Thanks,

Eric.

Eric Logsdon Cooperative Technologies, Inc.

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Eric,

Since you have replaced the server and reinstalled it with the same Name, DPM is expecting the same volume GUID to resume protection for a given volume. You need to let DPM know that the Volume GUID is not same as before. You can use migrate-data source.ps1 script to re-associate the source vol GUID.

Below should be the format: Run this on DPM server shell.

Migrate-Datasource.ps1 -DPMServerName  "DPMNAME"-Option auto -PSName "ProtectedServerName"

For more information use this link

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Eric,

Since you have replaced the server and reinstalled it with the same Name, DPM is expecting the same volume GUID to resume protection for a given volume. You need to let DPM know that the Volume GUID is not same as before. You can use migrate-data source.ps1 script to re-associate the source vol GUID.

Below should be the format: Run this on DPM server shell.

Migrate-Datasource.ps1 -DPMServerName  "DPMNAME"-Option auto -PSName "ProtectedServerName"

For more information use this link

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 2:24 PM
  • Thanks, Aayoosh. I had seen that earlier but had ignored it because it seemed all of the references were for DPM 2010. I had even seen one that said it wouldn't work on 2016.

It did work for me.

Thanks again.

Eric

Eric Logsdon Cooperative Technologies, Inc.

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 5:32 PM
  • Hi Eric,

I am glad it worked for you. It even works for DPM 2019 and MABS V3. 

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 5:36 PM