none
How do I clear out the Queue? RRS feed

• Question

• PS 2010.  Despite restarting the queue service, i still have jobs stuck there.  Is there a method of gettting failed jobs cleared from the queue?

Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The jobs themselves are stored in the PS database, so just restarting the service will not clear them.

Typically to clear out the queue, navigate to Server Settings > Manage Queue Jobs. Select the Advanced Options of 'Cancel jobs getting enqueued' and 'Cancel subsequent jobs in the correlation'. Then select the jobs you wish to cancel and click cancel.

If the jobs are marked as 'Failed but not blocking correlation', then there is a problem that has caused the error, but it is not holding the queue processing up. If there jobs are marked as 'Failed and blocking correlation' then the job has failed and is stopping subsequent processing within the correlation.

In both cases there is an error that needs to be addressed, I would suggest viewing the underlying ULS logs to see what the problem is and fixing that otherwise the error will continue to occur.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The jobs themselves are stored in the PS database, so just restarting the service will not clear them.

Typically to clear out the queue, navigate to Server Settings > Manage Queue Jobs. Select the Advanced Options of 'Cancel jobs getting enqueued' and 'Cancel subsequent jobs in the correlation'. Then select the jobs you wish to cancel and click cancel.

If the jobs are marked as 'Failed but not blocking correlation', then there is a problem that has caused the error, but it is not holding the queue processing up. If there jobs are marked as 'Failed and blocking correlation' then the job has failed and is stopping subsequent processing within the correlation.

In both cases there is an error that needs to be addressed, I would suggest viewing the underlying ULS logs to see what the problem is and fixing that otherwise the error will continue to occur.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:59 PM
  • Alex, what happens when all the steps above listed are followed, yet the "Cancel Jobs" selection is grayed out like this?

Thursday, June 9, 2011 5:25 PM