Recent Items Empty RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Office 2010/64 bit on a brand new laptop running Windows 7. For some strange reason my "recent items" on the start menu is completely empty. I have opened documents in Word and Excel and saved them but nothing is added to this area. I've opened the relevent recent items folder and it's completely empty: C:\Users\Sandy\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent

I do see recent items within Word or Excel it's just not being moved to that folder it seems. This is a useful feature that I use often. Any suggestions on fixing it?

Monday, December 27, 2010 12:39 AM

Answers

• Please try this solution: 

1. Click the Start Button -> Computer.
    2. Go to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows folder.
    3. Right-click Recent folder (if exists), and choose Delete. Click Yes when prompted.
    4. Click the Start Button, type "shell:recent"  (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.

Note: The above command re-creates the Recent folder, along with a new desktop.ini file and opens the folder.

5. Restart the computer.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, January 7, 2011 9:19 AM
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:49 AM

All replies

• It is an issue with Windows 7 and 2010 Office, sorry try using the recent documents gadget in the gadget gallery.
    Professional In Computing - Please Contact for Help. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Vishdafish Monday, December 27, 2010 12:51 AM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 12:51 AM
  • Please try this solution: 

1. Click the Start Button -> Computer.
    2. Go to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows folder.
    3. Right-click Recent folder (if exists), and choose Delete. Click Yes when prompted.
    4. Click the Start Button, type "shell:recent"  (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.

Note: The above command re-creates the Recent folder, along with a new desktop.ini file and opens the folder.

5. Restart the computer.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, January 7, 2011 9:19 AM
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:49 AM
  • The folder has no delete option, nor does it allow me to deleted when chosen.
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 2:36 AM
  • Hallo!

I cannot delete 'Recent Items' in step 3.
    What then should I do?

Vi

Thursday, October 9, 2014 5:50 AM