Edge Servers not discovered by SCOM SfB Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

After days to give answers other now its my time to take steps to fix the issue.

I have imported Skype for business 2015 MP and 3 of the edge servers and as well as no watcher node is reflecting under SF2015 server. But only one edge server is reflecting under SFB servers health tab Now clarity on issue,

• I have only imported SFB 2015 and did nothing from Skype from business side. 
    • I have checked some error in discovery on edge servers so go through these blogs Blog1  Blog 2 and issue has been fixed now and now i can see the discovery is in place but still edge servers are not reflecting under SFB servers tab.

• Now i have seen that the other servers which are not reflecting belongs to different location another country and their pool is also not reflecting under pools tab in SCOM. And the edge server which are reflecting under tab their pool is also reflecting under pools tab PFB screenshot. I thought pool should be configured from Skype from business side. is it so??? 

1. In this blog the things which has given all are the responsibility of SCOM team or SFB team should do that and we only need to deploy MP and check there are no discovery error. 
    2. And further i have checked on edge server which are reflecting in SCOM there are no "Skype for business topology builder installed" and " Skype for business control panel" but still it is reflecting in SCOM and on the other hand where everything installed that are not reflecting under health. So do i need to uninstall these two things ..... :O                                          installed things on Server which are not reflecting under SCOM 
    3. Installed component on serevr which are reflecting under SCOM

And what is watcher node exactly, As i got to know after importing MP i need to download  the WatcherNode.msi available from the same link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=47364 to a location of your choice and then run the following PowerShell command to install it:

.\WatcherNode.msi Authentication=TrustedServer

So how i decide on which server i need to run this command and which server i need to use a watcher node.

Please let me know if you need any further information,,,,, help me to get out of it !!! 

Cheers, Gourav (Please do take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!) or find my Facebook and LinkedIn link in profile.

• Edited by GouravIN Monday, February 26, 2018 9:00 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Gourav,

1. In this blog the things which has given all are the responsibility of SCOM team or SFB team should do that and we only need to deploy MP and check there are no discovery error. <<

There are definitely some things to be done on the SfB side, and we on the forums can't really comment on who runs these wizards on the Skype servers, you or the sfb team, maybe you guys can discuss that internally ;)

>>2. And further i have checked on edge server which are reflecting in SCOM there are no "Skype for business topology builder installed" and " Skype for business control panel" but still it is reflecting in SCOM and on the other hand where everything installed that are not reflecting under health. So do i need to uninstall these two things ..... :O <<

I'm not convinced that this really matters at all.

>>And what is watcher node exactly,<<

Watcher nodes are the computers where you're running the synthetic transactions from. This can be set internal to your network or external locations - depending on your requirements.

"Watcher nodes are computers that periodically run Skype for Business Server synthetic transactions. Synthetic transactions are Windows PowerShell cmdlets that verify that key user scenarios, such as the ability to sign in or to exchange instant messages, are working as expected."

See:

Manage Skype for Business Server 2015 using SCOM Management pack

>>So how i decide on which server i need to run this command and which server i need to use a watcher node.<<

Any damn one you want, as long as it satisfies the pre-reqs. See:

Skype for Business - Location of Watcher Node - Best Practice

Suggested is to install it on a separate server - for safer side.

For everything else, I believe the blog you provided yourself is more than enough.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

• Edited by Sameer Mhaisekar Monday, February 26, 2018 11:10 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, March 2, 2018 9:20 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 11:07 AM