MDT upgrade from 2012 to 2013, update 2. LTI - No mouse or keyboard RRS feed

• Question

• I have upgraded MDT from 2012 to 2013, update 2. I've upgraded the Deployment Share, I've run 'Update Deployment Share', which has regenerated the boot image, but otherwise have made no other changes. When I try to image a machine I get to the LTI screens, but have no way to interact with them - no mouse, no keyboard. The drivers are all the same as before.

I use a UFD for booting to image with LTI. There's one thing I don't understand - do the PE drivers actually reside on the UFD or not - I don't see any sign that they're on the stick. Understanding how this works might help me figure this out.

Thanks

Monday, March 14, 2016 3:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• It depends on how you manage your drivers. I would suggest using this method - http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/325/MDT-2013-Lite-Touch-Driver-Management

Use the selection profile for your PE drivers and unless you're dealing with a small number of models you should use the Total Control method.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Marked as answer by Kvinneby Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:51 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2016 5:27 PM
  • I'm only deploying to 3 models, all Dells.

Do the PE drivers reside on the UFD?

Monday, March 14, 2016 5:47 PM
  • When you create the boot images the PE drivers get added to the boot wim.  No one has seen this issue that I am aware of.  For the most part unless you are connected to some unsupported USB port this should just work.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Monday, March 14, 2016 6:54 PM
  • I had to update the WinPE drivers to 5.0 and create a Selection Profile, as suggested by Dan's link. Keyboard and mouse work now.
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:55 PM