AD group probelm and webpart audience targeting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have SharePoint environment with two FE servers that works fine.

It's almost few days that we are experiencing strange problem that the audience targeting for webparts with AD groups not works properly for new users or for users that change their AD group.

The audience targeting work fine for our old users, but new changes does not understand by sharepoint. I've done full profile import and execute stsadm -o sync command but changes not apply in the sharepoint side for AD groups changes.

The permissions on AD group works perfectly on sharepoint but the audience targeting doesn't work for new changes and groups.

any idea or clue about this problem.

thanks,

• Edited by pmsp Tuesday, September 6, 2011 11:45 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hi pmsp,

Did you find some error log information under the 12/LOGS folder?

You can try to add the AD group to a SharePoint group, and then set the SharePoint group as audience target, and check again.

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Friday, September 9, 2011 12:17 PM
  • Hi,

After profile import have you carried out audience compilation?

If not then carry out the same since this is very important when membership changes.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 7:32 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Yes, I added AD groups to SharePoint groups, the users get their permissions correctly cause they can log in to site but content targeting webpart is not working.

any idea?

Sunday, September 11, 2011 10:56 PM
  • Hi, Rashu,

Yes, i've audience compilation but no difference.

My problem is like what has been described here : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;948681 , but I have installed SP2 on my environment.

other persons had the same problem here http://objectmix.com/sharepoint/297158-sharepoint-2007-audience-targeting-domain-groups.html, but no solution.

Another point that audience targeting for "Global Audiences" works, but just for AD groups wich has been added to the Sharepoint groups does not work.

AD group does not update on the sharepoint side because when I create a new audience in central administrator and try to get my newly created AD group in it, I cannot find it. but all other thing related to AD update in my sharepoint side.

all changes related to groups for example adding a new group or changing the user AD group membership changes doesn't reflect on the sharepoint side.

Could that problem be related to our AD? is there any command to do update AD group on sharepoint servers?

• Edited by pmsp Monday, September 12, 2011 12:50 AM
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 11:00 PM
  • Hi,

Remove sharepoint group from your site permissions and then add it again.

Please let me know if it helps.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Monday, September 12, 2011 3:36 AM
  • Thanks Rashu for reply.

Still the peoblem exists.

Monday, September 12, 2011 5:37 AM
  • Ever figure this out? I have the exact same problem. AD groups don't seem to work in audience targetting, but work just fine in security permissions...
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:07 PM