"Give Group Permission to this Site" not showing up RRS feed

• Question

• I created a group that I want to be the approvers of a mysite.  When I go to the group and use mysite/_layouts/editgrp.aspx?Group=MYGroup  I do not get the "Give Group Permission to this Site" which is supposed to be on that page.  I am an SCA. and am in the Owners group who have full control.

thanks

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:52 AM

Answers

• You can't change the permissions assigned to a group by editing the group.  That's what you are doing on the editgrp.aspx page.  The section you are refering to shows up on the newgrp.aspx page (which looks the same as the editgrp.aspx page except for the section you are missing).  To edit the permission levels of an existing group use the site actions menu to go to Site Site Settings and then choose the Advanced permissions link.  You will see a list of users and groups.  Click on the group you want to change to go to the Editprms.aspx page.  you can select the permission level you want to assign there.  This is for 2007.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server
    MVP Chief SharePoint Architect: Sharesquared
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, February 8, 2012 6:11 PM Information about the differences if the user had been using SP 2010 removed as irrelevant in a pre-SP 2010 forum thread.
    • Marked as answer by Lugalzagesi Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:55 PM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:55 PM