If I Uninstall a Missing Feature and a List Was Created with it Will the List Cease to Function? RRS feed

• Question

• I know how insane of a question that is, and I'm pretty sure the answer is "it wouldn't work in the first place." But I want to be sure. I have several fab40 missing features from years past, and I'm unsure has to where the references to the [MissingFeatures] are coming from.

I guess another question would be how to determine what is referencing the [MissingFeature]?

• Moved by Dean_Wang Monday, March 27, 2017 10:44 AM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:26 PM

Answers

• Answer: it wouldn't work in the first place.
    • Marked as answer by SharePointAU Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:39 PM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What’s the fab40 missing features? Could you give an example about how this missing feature is created?

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, March 18, 2017 6:48 AM
  • No. That is why i'm asking this question. This is a very large environment that started with 2007. I was introduced to it a few months ago, and I'm trying to get it cleaned up before I migrate to 2016. I know it's a fab 40 template, but I believe most of them are absence calendar among others. 

So I guess I have 2 questions.

1. Will the lists be able to function now since the feature doesn't exist in the current farm?

2. If they are currently functioning, will they cease to function once I cleanup the missing features?

Honestly I believe I know these answers, but I'm trying to get some sort of confirmation.

Thank you in advance!

Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:14 PM
  • Hi,

I move this thread to SharePoint Legacy Versions forum, you will get more help and confirmed answers there.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 27, 2017 10:44 AM
  • Answer: it wouldn't work in the first place.
    • Marked as answer by SharePointAU Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:39 PM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:39 PM