Micorsoft Word 2007 showing "Microsoft Word has stopped working" RRS feed

• Question

• while opening MS word 2007 it is howing ..Microsoft word has stopped working message. but i can open other MS office 2007 application without problem..

I have done clean installation of MS office but still it shows same error

Any help ? very much appricaited

Thx,Kaps

Thursday, September 9, 2010 3:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please refer to the detailed troubleshooting steps from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541.

Meanwhile, as this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Office forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, September 10, 2010 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer to the detailed troubleshooting steps from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541.

Meanwhile, as this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Office forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, September 10, 2010 9:22 AM
  • I wonder how many of you "support" "engineers" actually follow the procedures you send people into, or see where the links you tell people to follow actually lead to.  I wonder how many of you actually realize the hellish oblivions and the hours and hours and hours and hours and hours that can be wasted following these thoughtless, knee-jerk, so-called 'help' referrals.  "The most qualified pool of respondents", and other "partners" who "share their knowledge" (go here! go there! try this! try that! search through this! search through that!) and who "learn from your interaction wtih us".  Oh yeah, they learn alright, and they help.  It's 2011, and Word spontaneously stops working all the time, Internet Explorer doesn't print pages, and you could spend every waking hour of every day reading through Microsoft help for basic issues. 
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 11:08 AM
  • Please wake up to the fact that throwing maintenance steps and links at peoples' Microsoft problems is not really thinking, or help -- it's just throwing unthought-out responses around.  A lot of so-called help is as useless as a doctor giving you weight loss pamphlets, toothpaste guidelines and a roadmap to libraries when you ask for help with a broken leg.  The IT industry is terrible for unthinking, superficial guesses and knee-jerk responses being passed off as 'help'.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:19 AM
  • A lot of so-called ``help``and ``answers`` are best considered to be a kind a tech dribble -- try this, try that, search here, search there, uninstall this, uninstall that, troll through this long, ineptly-written, poorly-thought-out document, and then this other long, ineptly-written, poorly-thought-out document, and maybe you will hook something useful by chance, try this other forum, go to this other "community", spend a few hours trying this, spend a few hours searching that, spend a few more hours trying something else, etc., etc., etc.,  You call that "help"?  You call that an "answer"?  You think such a reply is more useful than dribble and a false sense of doing something?  The standards are too low in IT, in hardware, iin software, and in so-called technical support.  Microsoft Word stops working for me again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again, etc., and if there was anything useful Microsoft has to offer for this, why isn't it easily searchable?  I only need basic, simple, middle-ground functionality from Word, and Word 2007 on Windows 7 spontaneously stops working again and again and again and agian and again and again, etc.  Word 2003 had documents spontaneously disappear, leading to all sorts of searching trying to find sections of them.  Before that, Word documents again and again had their letters turn to little boxes right in front of my eyes.  Has Word ever delivered basic, reliable functionality?  Has Microsoft ever provided fixes for the worst problems?  Bill Gates stars in the modern story `The Emperor`s New Help Desk`.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:20 AM
  • Try this:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us, perhaps you will find what you are looking for there. Anyone you ask for help will be better able to help you if you are more specific about your problem/symptoms, including quoting any error messages you encountered.
    tony soper
    • Proposed as answer by tonysoper_MSFT Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:12 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:12 PM
  • "Try this" . . . "perhaps you will find what you are looking at there".  You're just throwing links around, doorways to the "help" morass.  The error notice I get when Microsoft working stops working again and again and again and again and again and again and again is "Microsoft Word has stopped working" -- that should be clear enough to understand, clear enough to search out.  It's a huge enough problem, why isn't a Microsoft solution easy to find?  This slopware "help" circuit is ridiculous.  Read my other posts, and consider my thoughts a bit -- with some effort, you should begin to see that I have a point about how untrained the "minds" are of those people who throw links and "try this, try that" guesswork protocols around.  A lot of support people in the slopwareosphere are actually totally untrained and untalented in thinking and diagnostics; so much so, and so badly entrenched in an incompetent culture, that they, and the people around them, are completely blind to how unable they are to even begin working through a problem.  Part of it has to do with the educational system - a couple of generations ago, it stopped teaching students how to think, and got into telling them their work was better than it actually was.  This snowballed to a real mess, which impacts IT particularly hard in that the IT industry takes in so many people who need the sort of jobs where lack of problem solving abilities is no barrier to getting a job dishing out so-called 'help' and advice.  Take some time and actually read and think about the sloppy, unthought-out answers that people dish out to people who actually need help with this buggy slopware.  Open your eyes and see how fatuous, superficial, unthinking and useless so very, very much of it is.  Take a look at the morasses that the supposedly helpful links lead to, and take a look at the self-congratulatory check marks that slopwareosphere "help" people give themselves.  It's really a gone situation.  All told, the so-called 'help' one gets for the slopware bugs is actually a bigger problem than the bugs, and, if you ever had a job where you needed the slopware to actually work reliably long-term, you'd see that the bugs are really a big problem.  Most slopwareosphere 'help' people don't actually need their software to work -- it's more a thing of playing around with the software than actually getting working.  The people who actually need the slopware to work are the ones who can best tell you the problems of trying to stay productive with it, but the real workers don't get their points taken seriously -- the whole IT business is about enrolling the next batch of children as captive customers, not about satisfying the needs of the customers who need the products to simply stay stable and deliver middle-ground functionality.  You should see what I've had to deal with in simply trying to do full-time word processing using just the basic features, and this has been the case for years, going back across the last few versions of Windows and Word on a bunch of different computers. 
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:44 PM
  • Dribble, if you really want help, please state what version of windows are you using? What version of office? How much RAM in your machine and how much is in use at the time? Do youhave anti-virus installed? Which one? Is it up to date?
    tony soper
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:51 PM
  • Why don't you read and think about the dribble that passes as "help" and "thinking" in these 'help' morasses.  How do you think details about RAM and anti-virus slopware is going to help these tech dribblers?  I have given out those details in my search for simple reliability, but it didn't do any good.  Read all my posts, and see the sloppy, fatuous responses I have gotten.   I hardly ever see any evidence that the dribblemongers have the faintest idea of how to even begin approaching the slopware problems.  And even if they knew how to begin thinking through a problem, whatever would make you think they could come to a definitive solution? Whatever would make you think these slopware problems that are such a curse to real workers can actually be fixed?  You don't understand the problem, Tony -- the dribblemongers of the slopwareosphere solve very, very, very few problems, all told, and they are so undeveloped in the rigorous, difficult-to-teach, difficult-to-learn problem solving methods required that they don't even know they're just happily making superficial guesses most of the time; that, to a lot of people nowadays, passes as helpfulness and thinking.  It is very difficult and frustrating dealing with people who can't actually think probatively when probative thinking is needed, so people who don't learn basic thinking skills at young ages don't learn more advanced thinking skills as they age.  Youngsters become too habitually-unthinking to teach at very early ages, and teachers give up on them in the early grades and just pass them through all the grades, and then through university.  It's very common for people, including people with diplomas, not to know that they don't actually know how to think diagnostically, differentially and probatively, and IT is one of the industries that is the very worst for low standards in this respect.  If you don't see most of the so-called 'help' in the slopwareosphere as being joke-level, your eyes aren't open yet.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:46 PM
  • Dribble, it is clear that I cannot help you. I am leaving this thread and recommend it be closed.
    tony soper
    • Proposed as answer by tonysoper_MSFT Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:03 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:03 PM
  • Yes, Tony, you're much like your peers in this, other than sending people into "help" morasses and other than subjecting people to superficial guesswork, you can't help.  Probably the most useful thing you can do is to leave this thread open so that others can follow my lead and speak up about the useless dribblemongering the tech dribblers do.  Why don't you take a look at your work for the past year and see how much of REAL, ACTUAL USE and REAL, ACTUAL HELP you've done in the last year.  Why don't you do that?  It might lead to some kind of hugely-valuable personal realization for you -- one that you will someday thank me for.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:16 PM
  • Dribble, you, or anyone, at anytime, can see this information in my profile. Just click the username of any message, or go directly to the url for me http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Profile/tonysoper_msft/activity , or for you http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Profile/dribble%20is%20not%20help/activity 
    tony soper
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:24 PM
  • My oh my, such useful things as "Marked a proposed answer to the question Micorsoft Word 2007 showing "Microsoft Word has stopped working"".  You certainly contribute a lot to peoples' lives, don't you? 

Seriously, Tony, you're that lost?  Replying to forums and updating articles on slopware are things you consider to be useful?  Maybe useful to anyone who can call wandering around in the slopwareosphere useful.  Believe it or not, more than just a social problem, this is a spiritual problem, and a huge one at that.  I see all these lost souls apologizing for Microsoft for a living and my heart goes out to them.  I wish they had better ways of using their God-given gifts while they are here on Earth.  But they need to make livings, pay rents and mortgages, and many of them want to have kids, etc.  My heart goes out to you all.  I suppose I should see it as a good thing: at least you're all employed -- albeit uselessly for yourselves and others -- but employed nonetheless.  Help on, Tony, help on!  And look forward to a Microsoft pension!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:42 PM
  • Oh, and one more thing, Tony: be ever thankful that life has been so kind and gentle on you as to let you simply wander around the slopwareosphere for a living.  You have no idea of the rigors and difficulties you have been spared.  Again, it is a spiritual issue: the 'help' folk of the slopwareosphere are in sort of adult daycare, doing a kind of special olympics, mercifully spared the realities that would crush them if they were in the real world.  Be thankful.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:39 PM
  • Oh, and one more thing, Tony: be ever thankful that life has been so kind and gentle on you as to let you simply wander around the slopwareosphere for a living.  You have no idea of the rigors and difficulties you have been spared.  Again, it is a spiritual issue: the 'help' folk of the slopwareosphere are in sort of adult daycare, doing a kind of special olympics, mercifully spared the realities that would crush them if they were in the real world.  Be thankful.
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:25 AM