Windows are non-responsive RRS feed

• Question

• I got a weird problem, sometimes a window -or more- become non-responsive. I can't interact, close, focus, etc. A window or desktop or taskbar do that. There are no CPU/disk activities, pc is idle.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3b1Eo-wG7o

I should hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and hit Cancel to recover the situation.

I just re-installed the Windows 7, same error occurred again. Is it error, bug or what?

Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since you have reinstalled operating system, I suggest you pay attention on the programs you installed.

Just boot into Safe Mode to check how it works. If this issue does not exist in Safe Mode, we can drop a conclusion which this problem is caused by software conflicts.

If so, I suggest you perform Clean Boot to eliminate this conflict.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:13 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since you have reinstalled operating system, I suggest you pay attention on the programs you installed.

Just boot into Safe Mode to check how it works. If this issue does not exist in Safe Mode, we can drop a conclusion which this problem is caused by software conflicts.

If so, I suggest you perform Clean Boot to eliminate this conflict.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:13 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 5:44 AM
  • Does the system recover and become responsive again or catch up with your clicks if you wait for a few minutes?

Disk problems sometimes cause this sort of thing, though usually the disk activity light will stay on solid while it waits for a response fron the drive.

You may want to check the system error log for events that may give clues to the source of the problem.

I had a similar problem on my system recently, it turned out to be caused be my new OCZ SSD, a firmware update on the drive fixed it.

Monday, October 10, 2011 6:21 AM