none
Enable Credential guard & Device Guard for windows 10

Question

• Hi,

I want to enable credential and device guard in Windows 10. For this i am enabling this using following group policy.

But after enabling it when i am checking this by going into system information i am getting message like "Enabled but not running" So how can i start the credential guard.

I am following below link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/keep-secure/credential-guard

Abhishek

Friday, January 27, 2017 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I consider if there is any compatible issue on your device.

Please use Device Guard and Credential Guard hardware readiness tool to check if the device can run Device Guard or Credential Guard
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53337

Use this tool to see if your hardware is ready for Device Guard and Credential Guard. You can also use this to enable Device Guard or Credential Guard. This tool is a Windows PowerShell script that needs to run with elevated permissions. It will work with any version of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016. You can use this tool in the following ways:
      1. Check if the device can run Device Guard or Credential Guard
      2. Check if the device is compatible with the Hardware Lab Kit tests that are ran by partners
      3. Enable and disable Device Guard or Credential Guard
      4. Check the status of Device Guard or Credential Guard on the device
      5. Integrate with System Center Configuration Manager or any other deployment mechanism to configure registry settings that reflect the device capabilities
      6. Use an embedded ConfigCI policy in audit mode that can be used by default to enable Device Guard when a custom policy is not provided
      Usage: DG_Readiness.ps1 –[Enable/Disable/Capable/Ready] –[DG/CG/HVCI/HLK] -Path <ConfigCI policy> -AutoReboot

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 12:48 AM
  • Hi, 

Is there any update on your issue?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 06, 2017 5:29 AM
  • Kate,

I used the approach which you have mentioned and due to that some of the drivers got corrupted. However device guard was in running state.

Abhishek

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:23 AM