Accessing a Shared Calendar from Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Our organization just finished migrating our email and calendars to Office 365, we are a Mac shop so most of our users access Office 365 using Outlook 2016 for Mac. For the most part things are going OK but I am having trouble figuring out exactly how calendar sharing works when the calendar being shared is not the user's primary calendar. 

For example, one of our users created a 2nd calendar which they gave me permission to view. However, I can not figure out how to add that calendar to my Outlook for Mac. If I go to open shared calendar and search for the user their primary calendar shows up but not the secondary calendar that they have shared with me. if I search for the calendar by name it also does not show up. 

So the question is, if someone creates a calendar that is not their primary calendar, and then shares that calendar with another user that uses Outlook 2016 for Mac, how does the person the calendar has been shared with access that calendar in Outlook 2016 for Mac?

I have found that if the user that shared the calendar shares it from within Office 365 Online that then it sends an email I can click on to access the calendar, but it only adds it to my Office 365 Online, not to my Outlook. 

Can anyone shed any light as to what I might be missing here?

• Moved by Steve Fan Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:19 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm afraid opening a secondary shared calendar is not supported in Outlook for Mac. You may like to submit a feature request idea via the Outlook for Mac UserVoice forum, our product team will consider whether to add this feature according to customer needs.

Thank you for the understanding and support.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, April 2, 2018 10:10 AM
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:54 AM