Advanced Threat Protection - SafeLinks and compatible browsers RRS feed

• Question

• With ATP SafeLinks, risky web sites are opened in a separate kernel / browser window.  What are the requirements / constraints of that browser?  Is it required that Internet Explorer or Edge be on the computer?  What if Chrome or FireFox are the only browsers running?

Christian Stegh

Monday, August 15, 2016 5:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Christian,

Based on my knowledge, I have never heard that there is any requirements/constraints on the browser, it is recommended that always use the latest IE browsers, and also support any other browsers.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Monday, August 22, 2016 1:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, August 26, 2016 12:55 AM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Christian,

Based on my knowledge, I have never heard that there is any requirements/constraints on the browser, it is recommended that always use the latest IE browsers, and also support any other browsers.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Monday, August 22, 2016 1:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, August 26, 2016 12:55 AM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 8:44 AM
  • Hi Christian,

Is there any update on this thread?

If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Niko Cheng

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:41 AM