none
Impossible to resume TAPE PROTECTION RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I got some problems with my QUANTUM library, and then the tape protection was not functionnal for 2 or 3 weeks (but disk plan was still running).

At the moment, I cannot resume the tape protection because DPM 2K12 tells me: "DPM could not find a valid recovery point. ID 30126".

2 things:

Problem is that the disk backups are OK (so there should be valid recovery points).

Another problem is that I did a "Create restore point" (for long protection), and then Resume tape backups, and still same error coming back...

I thought that the tape backup will smoothly come back but it seems it is more complicated issue..

If anyone can help, would be very helpful

Monday, December 12, 2016 12:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Resume tape backup attempts to mount the disk based recovery point that was mounted for the tape backup that was missed, but it appears that the disk based recovery point for that point-in-time is no longer available.  Inactivate the alert and the next scheduled tape backups should succeed.

Although you cannot pick the recovery point date in the past to make a new recovery point from, you can run the DPM Power shell script in this post to select a recovery goal to make a current backup for.  The recovery point date would be that of the latest disk based recovery point for any goal selected.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 12, 2016 6:43 PM
  • Very helpful comment, will try this just now and wait for next backup

You seem to be absolutely right.

Monday, December 12, 2016 7:03 PM