none
Using project risk data with custom columns in SSRS report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

I quickly searched the forum for similar questions but couldn't come up with the appropriate answer for this particular question. My apologies if it has been asked and answered before - feel free to post the corresponding thread! :)

We take advantage of the risk and issue lists within every project site. For the most part we were able to stick to the OOTB columns and modified the look-up values of the existing lists where necessary. However, both our lists contain one additional column which is of the type Yes/No indicating whether a risk/issue should show up in the project status report, which is a SSRS report I'm working on. Project managers usually track a large number of risks and issues in the respective lists, but not all of them are supposed to show up on the SSRS status report that is typically consumed by managers.

Is there any way that I can ensure that only risks/issues flagged as relevant for the project status report will show up inside the report? I read this article about how SSRS can use SharePoint 2010's lists.asmx web service to retrieve list data. However, I will need to access different risks/issues list per project, not only one list all the time.

It's kind of hard to believe that this tiny and simple field cannot be used for the purpose of filtering out items for the SSRS report. :(

Thanks for your help!

Marc

• Edited by shelldor23 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:42 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:41 PM

Answers

All replies