none
Does ADFS Server always need to communicate with PDC

Question

• Hello,

so i did fail configure ADFS because error "server not operational" , and from here i found answer that the ADFS server should get to communicate (telnet 389) to PDC. Okay then we have to make another route to the PDC when we shouldn't base on company policy.

The question is i want to know if communicate with PDC only mandatory when Configure ADFS and after it configured i can just connect to other DC (not the PDC) ? or the ADFS Server has to constantly communicate with the PDC ?

Thanks

Friday, July 13, 2018 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Please understand that the issue is related to ADFS, I suggest you contact experts from the following forum to get professional support:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/home?forum=ADFS&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Kallen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 16, 2018 2:02 AM