Video folder does not show up under video library RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I login to remote web access go to media library and browse Videos all that comes up is Recorded TV. How do I make the Video folder show up as well? All of my ripped content is in Videos not TV. I am shore this can be changed on the Windows Storage server but I just can't seem to find it.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:25 PM

Answers

• Solved!!

After contacting WD support and getting escalated to level two support for the Sentinel I got a great tech. It came down to the files sharing permissions. If you look at the image below the Recoded TV folder had everyone with Read/Write after adding the same permission to the Video they all started showing up in RWA.

After Changes:

• Edited by minitrucker007 Monday, August 13, 2012 6:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, August 17, 2012 2:51 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 6:52 PM

All replies

• Hi, does the issue only occur on RWA? You can try the following and see if that works:

1. Use Internet Explorer compatibility mode.

2. Disable and re-enable Media Streaming in Dashboard.

3. Reinitialize RWA in dashboard.

Sean Zhu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 13, 2012 9:06 AM
  • I have not changed any setting on the server that I thank would change any of the setting for the media streaming, I have justed used dashboard to create the accounts. Frankly I have no idea how other wise. When I logged-in this morning Videos was listed  beside Recorded TV. But only 1 Video is in there.

Is there a way to force an Index of the media library?

Videos do not show up under the streaming even on my streaming devices connected to my TV, there also using a different account that does not have RWA enabled.

1. Use Internet Explorer compatibility mode. Done no difference.

2. Disable and re-enable Media Streaming in Dashboard. Done no difference.

3. Reinitialize RWA in dashboard. I do not see this option in dashboard.

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:23 PM
  • Solved!!

After contacting WD support and getting escalated to level two support for the Sentinel I got a great tech. It came down to the files sharing permissions. If you look at the image below the Recoded TV folder had everyone with Read/Write after adding the same permission to the Video they all started showing up in RWA.

After Changes:

• Edited by minitrucker007 Monday, August 13, 2012 6:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, August 17, 2012 2:51 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 6:52 PM