Outlook Search Showing Duplicates of Emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have office 2010 Pro Plus and windows 7 (64).

I have outlook .pst files which I have copied to my computer to use with outlook.

I imported them fine and they are accessable as normal and show once each.

When I do searches of my emails the searches are fine until I do 'search in all mail items', when the results come up all the emails are listed twice and some 3 times and some even 4 which makes searching difficult to work with.

I have imported 5 seperate .pst files (total 10GB) and although they may overlap on the data in them I made sure not to allow outlook to import duplicates on all.

I have tried re-installing outlook and re-importing the files but I think this just makes things worse as thats when I noticed multiple duplicates appearing.

Please also not in case its relevant that I started with a trial version of Office before buying Office 2010 Pro Plus.

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to remedy this problem as searching my emails is very important to me and this is really hindering my use.

Thanks v much,

Zino

Saturday, March 26, 2011 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for your answer.

The link you suggest doesnt work for me at all as the advice on deleting duplicate mails doesnt seem to correspond with the options I am given (excuse me if i  am getting this wrong).

I have re-posted on the office forum as you suggested.

Thanks anyway,

Zino 

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:06 AM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Zino,

You may refer to the following links to check if the information helps:

How to remove duplicate imported items in Outlook

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/thread/7bec1674-2ae0-4dcf-b7e9-d13fc76a0b5c

Also, please understand that this is Windows 7 Forum while this issue is more related to Microsoft Office. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new thread in Microsoft Office Forum for further discussion.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:35 AM
  • Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for your answer.

The link you suggest doesnt work for me at all as the advice on deleting duplicate mails doesnt seem to correspond with the options I am given (excuse me if i  am getting this wrong).

I have re-posted on the office forum as you suggested.

Thanks anyway,

Zino 

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:06 AM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:54 AM