Operations Manager failed to start a process RRS feed

• Question

• Getting a lot of these alerts. I think its a fault in the script or permissions. This is on multiple AD servers.

OpsMgr2012

If there is a defect, where do I log such things? How do I get access to this script so I can view the code?

Alert: Operations Manager failed to start a process
    Source: AD3.AD.CONTOSO.COM
    Path: AD3.AD.CONTOSO.COM
    Last modified by: System
    Last modified time: 3/23/2015 3:53:31 PM
    Alert description: Forced to terminate the following process started at 2:27:29 PM because it ran past the configured timeout 300 seconds.

Command executed:       "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" //nologo "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 22549\808\AD_Replication_Partner_Count.vbs" AD3.AD.CONTOSO.COM false 40 50 False
    Working Directory:      C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 22549\808\

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: AD_Replication_Partner_Count.Monitor

Instance name: AD3

Instance ID: {AA994864-3C5A-7CBE-F921-66ADD53DA51D}

Management group: OM2012

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 1:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

We should be able to know which rule or monitor caused this alert by checking the alert detailed information. I would like to suggest you find the rule under Authoring, rules by searching, and then override it to increase the timeout value.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, April 3, 2015 1:37 AM
    Friday, March 27, 2015 6:25 AM

All replies

• Make sure that the Action Account of AD machines must also be a member of the Operations Manager Administrators group.

Roger

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 3:42 AM
  • For this issue, you can refer below link

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/863bdb0b-5f85-41c8-823d-f950483f65fe/operations-manager-failed-to-start-a-process?forum=operationsmanagergeneral

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer"Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 11:34 AM
  • Hi,

We should be able to know which rule or monitor caused this alert by checking the alert detailed information. I would like to suggest you find the rule under Authoring, rules by searching, and then override it to increase the timeout value.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, April 3, 2015 1:37 AM
    Friday, March 27, 2015 6:25 AM