none
SCCM CB 1810 Console does not show correct machine count as "Required" while deploying monthly updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am deploying August 2019 Updates (Critical, Security & Update Rollup) on all Desktop, but CCM console not showing the correct machine count in the "Required" column.

I have total 480 Desktop which comprises different version of Windows 10,

390 Desktop = Windows 10 1709

90 Desktop = Windows 10 1809

But for above both versions CCM Console now showing the correct "Required" machine count.

Please see attached screenshot.

What exactly am I missing?

Thank you.

Rahul Sapke

Rahul Sapke.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:53 AM

Answers

• Check the unknown count, may be it will take some time to complete the scan and update the status in SCCM console.

Unknown - Scan not completed, kindly wait or initiate the software update scan from console

• Marked as answer by RSA111 Friday, August 16, 2019 11:37 AM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:42 AM
  • Have you deployed the latest servicing stack update to your systems? This is generally necessary to accurately detect compliance of subsequent monthly CUs.

Are these updates deployed? If not, then you need to wait until the next scheduled software update scan cycle to occur on your systems.

Are you using the required count for anything specific? Like ADRs? If so, I highly recommend not using the required count as a criteria for your ADRs because it's a lagging indicator. You know that every monthly CU will be required by machines in your environment so why does it matter whether the systems have reported it a required or not and why wait until they do report it? Update deployment should be proactive, not reactive.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 12:54 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Kindly add Not Required and Unknown column, so you can find out what is missing

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:00 AM
  • This didn't really help here.

Rahul Sapke.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:09 AM
  • Check the unknown count, may be it will take some time to complete the scan and update the status in SCCM console.

Unknown - Scan not completed, kindly wait or initiate the software update scan from console

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:42 AM
  • No, this is something else I guess. Because from the beginning few machines showing under "Required" column. Moreover I have seen this first time since the time I have upgraded Config Mgr to 1810 CB.

Rahul Sapke.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:54 AM
  • Have you deployed the latest servicing stack update to your systems? This is generally necessary to accurately detect compliance of subsequent monthly CUs.

Are these updates deployed? If not, then you need to wait until the next scheduled software update scan cycle to occur on your systems.

Are you using the required count for anything specific? Like ADRs? If so, I highly recommend not using the required count as a criteria for your ADRs because it's a lagging indicator. You know that every monthly CU will be required by machines in your environment so why does it matter whether the systems have reported it a required or not and why wait until they do report it? Update deployment should be proactive, not reactive.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 12:54 PM
  • Hi Rahul,

We can view report Scan 1 - Last scan states by collection for client last scan states. Also, compare the last scan time with updates release date.

Best Regards,
    Tina 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:55 AM