none
Windows 10 update wants me to use password on boot up- do not want this! RRS feed

• Question

• I need help! I DO NOT want to use a password to log in to my home PC. Windows took it upon themselves to change this with the latest update that I did not ask for! I am so angry, because now it will NOT allow me to change it. So now what? I swear I will but a Mac if this cannot be resolved. I thought computers were supposed to be able to be personalized, I do not want to be told what to do in the privacy of my own home.
    Thursday, November 23, 2017 1:53 AM

All replies

• If you're using a local account with a password, you can delete the password to sign in without one, but we don't recommend it.

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    2. Enter sign, and then tap or click Sign-in options.
    3. Under Password, tap or click Change.
    4. Verify the current password for your local account.
    5. Leave the New password, Reenter password, and Password hint fields blank, tap or click Next, and then tap or click Finish.

Now, you (or anyone) can sign in to your local account and use your PC without a password.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 24, 2017 7:03 AM