none
mdt deployment share and tasksequence not showing on client machines RRS feed

• Question

• Mdt 2013 update 2 imported different operating system and updated deployment share but still I am unable to see new tasksequence for new imported operating system scenarios need to capture Image windows 7,8,10 using single deployment share but importing operating system with different tasksequence once added iso to test machines it always goes for Windows 10 capture tasksequence (frist created tasksequence) unable to see remaining tasksequence on client machines any solution or need to create different deployment share for each operating system?
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:15 PM

All replies

• In the Properties of the other task sequences, are the Enable check box checked and the Hide check box cleared?  Are the other task sequences included in the Selection Profile you are using?

Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:53 PM
  • Both tasksequence enable is checked and I am not created selection profile any tips?
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:02 PM
  • If you're building a new reference image, follow this step by step guide - http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/540/Building-a-Windows-10-v1607-reference-image-using-MDT-2013-Update-2

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Friday, August 26, 2016 7:28 PM
  • . . . once added iso to test machines it always goes for Windows 10 capture tasksequence (frist created tasksequence) unable to see remaining tasksequence on client machines . . .

Do you mean the task sequence starts automatically? Check your customsettings.ini to make sure the task sequence ID is not hard coded.

Is your boot ISO offline media or just the litetouch ISO?

Friday, August 26, 2016 9:30 PM
  • IT is not clear to me what the problem is.
    There are some types of Task Sequences that will fail when run in some scenarios. For example performing an in-place upgrade in a New-Computer scenario. I Don't see any logs or further debugging information above.

Additionally, if you are *always* going to the capture part of the task sequence, it's possible that you have some automation defined in your Customsettings.ini file that are causing problems.

If you are still having problems, please copy the BDD.log file from a failed run and copy to a public share like One Drive, and share the link.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Monday, August 29, 2016 3:06 AM