none
Migrarion of plans from msps 2007 to msps 2010; having duplicate resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am facing enormous issues while migrating plans created in msps 2007 to msps 2010.

I am having duplicate resources while migrating plans from msps 2007 to msps 2010 and actuals are not reallocated to resources.

(Side note: In msps 2007(which is locally hosted) , the resources were created using a local domain and in msps 2010 the resources must be created using a different domain for the server which is hosted in a datacenter.

Steps followed:

Installed msp 2010 followed by Service pack 1 and CU August 2012.

Plans created in msp 2007 have been saved locally and were opened and saved in msp 2010.

After publishing the plans in msps 2010; i am having the above issue(Duplicate Resources).

Proposed Solution 1:

Installing MSPS 2010 without the Service Pack 1 (to be installed after migration has been completed).

This solution works for a collegue but it did not work in my situation; while publishing the plans, the following error msg is given:

Job Type:Load

Error ID: 12015(0x2EEF)

Error Description :An internal error occured

I needed to reinstalled SP1 and CU so as to get eliminate the error message as described above.

Is it advisable to proceed as above; migration of plans before installing SP1 patch? It works for a collegue.

Proposed solution 2:

Check the link msps 2010 provided; infact it has been configured in Backward Compatibility Mode.

May be the plans are corrupted; I tried to recovered it by converting the plans in XML and re-import it in mpp.

Infact I did a test, I mapped the link provided  in msp 2007 plans and publish the plans on the 2007 server; there was no duplicate resource.

Can anyone advise me how to proceed with the migration?

Many Thanks

Soudha

• Edited by Soudha Monday, February 25, 2013 4:12 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

generally speaking you have two choices:

1. Save as mpp and import to 2010 as you wrote. In this case you only need to make sure that the resource names are spelled in exactly the same way in 2007 and 2010. Project Server will than match the resources to their new account
    2. Migrate the entire database and change the accounts after the migration to the new domain account.

Hope this helps,

Renke

http://www.holert.com Project Management with MS Project - Oldenburg, Berlin, Munich/Germany

Saturday, February 23, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Hello Renke,

Can you please provide more details on migrating the "entire database"?

Please note that the local server do also contain plans that should not be migrated on msps 2010.

Kind Regards

Soudha

Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:54 AM
  • Hi Soudha,

please find more info how to migrate the entire database here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee662500(v=office.14).aspx

Best,

Renke

http://www.holert.com Project Management with MS Project - Oldenburg, Berlin, Munich/Germany

• Proposed as answer by Renke Holert Sunday, April 7, 2013 4:32 PM
    Sunday, April 7, 2013 4:32 PM