Stop Error Code: 0X50 - HDAUDBUS.SYS - BSOD RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

PC is rebooting randomly while working and giving me a BSOD maybe twice a week. It is the Stop Error Code: 0X50 - HDAUDBUS.SYS. I have tried updating my sound driver to no success. Nothing was recently installed, no other symptoms, and audio is working fine. Looking for suggestions on how to stop the reoccurring BSOD.

Monday, May 8, 2017 6:57 PM

All replies

• It may help to look at the minidump files from the blue screen crashes.

Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available (provide link) via a public folder on OneDrive or similar site?

Here's a link on using OneDrive::

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/onedrive/share-file-folder

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop

Also, you do not necessarily have to zip up the minidump files, you can upload them one at a time.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:18 AM
    Monday, May 8, 2017 9:54 PM
  • Hi,

What’s the model of your device?

HDAUDBUS means high definition audio bus.

According to the error messages, I suspect there is some thing wrong with your HD Audio Bus Driver.

Please update your HD Audio Bus Driver to the latest from manufacturer website.

If you used a microphone or other player devices, please unplug them.

For analyzing the issue deeply, please upload the minidump file (C:\Windows\Minidump) to OneDrive and post link here.

Best regards,

Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Friday, June 2, 2017 9:30 AM
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 10:15 AM