Word 2007 Mail Merge Repeats Itself RRS feed

• Question

• I am using an Excel file to populate name/address info in a Word document/mail merge. There are a little more than 3,000 records to merge/print and I have been merging/printing 500 at a time - helps keep track of where I am in the job, makes for convenient stopping points, etc.

On two occasions, I have noticed that the print job gets to a point (100-200 or so records) and then starts at the beginning of the list again.

I have performed more mail merge operations than I can count over the last 10 years or so and I have never seen anything like this - until now.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:17 PM

Answers

• I think that this issue has been resolved.  It appears that the driver for the laser printer had an issue.  

While working on a project a few weeks ago, I had some printer issues & re-installed this particular printer.  At that time I updated the driver to a different/newer version.  Rolling back to a different driver appears to have resolved the issue.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 10:13 AM

All replies

• I think that this issue has been resolved.  It appears that the driver for the laser printer had an issue.  

While working on a project a few weeks ago, I had some printer issues & re-installed this particular printer.  At that time I updated the driver to a different/newer version.  Rolling back to a different driver appears to have resolved the issue.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 10:13 AM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that the problem is resolved. I appreciate all your time and effort on this issue.

Best Regards, 

William Zhou

Forum Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, September 26, 2011 1:15 AM