Search IE Favorites from start menu instant search RRS feed

• Question

• I use Windows 7 for quite a while now, but I have not found a good solution to search the IE Favorites in an easy way.

My favorite solution would be to search the IE Favorites through the start menu instant search. So the idea is when I type a search term into the start menu searchbox I also get a result set for Favorites in a seperate section.

I remember that this was part of Windows Vista and I do not understand why this was removed instead of being configurable like it was in Vista.

Any ideas, anyone?

Sunday, January 16, 2011 10:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Windows 7 has the function to search IE favorites in Search box of Start Menu. When you search IE favorites, it will appear in the section of “Files”.

You can try to rebuild the index for test:

1.    Open Indexing Options by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type indexing options, and then click Indexing Options.

2.    Click Advanced. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3.    In the Advanced Options dialog box, click the Index Settings tab, and then click Rebuild. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, January 28, 2011 2:29 AM
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:48 AM