none
I thought I installed FF UAG RRS feed

• Question

• hi I had installed

SW_DVD5_Forefront_UAG_Server_2010_64Bit_English_w_SP1_MLF_X17-16677

but when I go into programs to use it all is see is ForeFron TMG management tool even in help aboput thats what it says

Forefront Threat Management Gateway

Microsoft Corporation

Version: 7.0.9027.400

so what do I have installed? TMG or UAG?

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi rmerritt,

TMG is actually used as a part of Forefront UAG.
    So you should see them both installed.

Look in "Programs and Features" and verify that you can see Forefront Unified Access Gateway listed there.

//Jonas Blom

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:44 AM
  • Try running the installer again.

I installed the same ISO yesterday and it required a reboot. it puts down some of the TMG bits first then the second install puts down UAG.

Regards, Rmknight
    • Proposed as answer by MrShannon Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:35 PM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:19 AM
  • I have run through the installer before to find it "fail" after installing TMG and needing a reboot.  Running through the installer again finishes the process and gets UAG in there.
    MrShannon | Concurrency Blogs | UAG SP1 DirectAccess Configuration Guide
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:36 PM
  • I think TMG SP1 needs a reboot before UAG is deployed...suprised the installer doesn't launch again automatically after the reboot though... 
    Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 10:14 PM
    Friday, August 26, 2011 3:30 PM
  • I installed this without a reboot on several servers recently so am surprised about this, however I have found that if you have a past failed install (even if it rolls back) for whatever reason the next install generally fails.  I wipe and reinstall my server if this happens.

--Zuzzy

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:14 PM
  • Hmm well ran through the installer it rebooted and I started entring rules before I noticed it was the TMG console NOT UAG

not a sign of the UAG product anywhere ... Oh well its working for what I need . reverse proxy

Friday, October 28, 2011 9:17 PM