none
Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition - Cannot load IE7. Nothing happens RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition (32bit), Build 3790 (Service Pack 2)

Good evening :)

This problem started I don't know when as I don't normally use IE. IE however is the only browser that will work with my 3ware 9550sxU(12ml) raid cards' interface.

On IE7 launch, nothing happens. At all.

There are no entries in the event log. There are no errors relating to IE.
    SFC /scannow: No replacements needed.
    Chkdsk /r has been run on the system drive. No issues
    memtest for 24h: No errors
    Repair installation of IE7: No change.
    All windows updates pending: Downloaded and installed. Server rebooted when required.
    Antivirus disabled & Reinstalled: No change
    Antivirus scan after reinstall: Nothing found.
    MSRT (Latest version): Nothing found

At a loss, I went thru this document (can't find the link again sorry) but it gave some dll's to reregister.
    I have an obscure error message with re registering this particular DynamicLinkLibrary file

"mshtml.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file cannot be registered"

This, I feel, is the key component in the difficulties I am having.

May I please have some assistance?

Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:35 AM

All replies

• "mshtml.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file cannot be registered"

This, I feel, is the key component in the difficulties I am having.

No.   That is old technique.  mshtml.dll  no longer has a  DllRegisterServer  entry point in it, so that explains your message.  Instead, you could use DependencyWalker to find out where it has gone to.  And it looks like the same functionality might now be found in  hlink.dll  which  mshtml.dll  apparently refers to.  Also, notice that due to security you may need to do this in an elevated cmd window anyway.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, August 18, 2013 2:40 PM