Outlook Home and Business 2013 not downloading Gmail emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I use Outlook Home and Business 2013 with multiple email accounts.  I recently added a Gmail account, and despite the account setup within Outlook going fine (test messages, etc.), Outlook is not downloading emails from this Gmail account. This is especially odd since I have other Gmail accounts with the same setup within Outlook, and they're being downloaded fine.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Monday, January 15, 2018 12:39 AM

All replies

• Don't you use IMAP, instead of POP?
    If so, please use POP in Outlook.

Ashidacchi

• Edited by Ashidacchi Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:09 AM
    Monday, January 15, 2018 1:01 AM
  • Hi Kalon,

How do you set your Gmail account in Outlook? Via POP or IMAP?

Can you receive new messages to your Gmail account?

According to my research, Gmail has some specific POP options which offers you some additional control about what gets downloaded by Outlook. If your account is set as POP account, please check whether POP Download is enabled.

To check this, Please log on the web mail and then go to Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP. Check the following option showed in the screenshot. If the option is already enabled, please try disabling and then re-enabling to check the result.

Besides, in case there will be something wrong with the account date file, please try repairing Gmail date file to check whether issue persists. You could refer to this link for detailed steps.

Any updates, please post back at ease.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, January 19, 2018 8:13 AM
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 8:59 AM
  • Hi Kalon,

How is everything with this issue?

If you have more concern about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 12:54 AM