none
Remove Application Blocks from Windows 10 Install media (VL). RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to download and inject the latest windows setup.exe updates for windows 10 into my install media?

I am having a problem with Symantec Endpoint Protection where the setup.exe for Windows 10 1703 thinks i need to uninstall symantec for compatibility reasons, but if i let it download updates before installing windows then it is supposed to work fine. 

Here is more info from symantec. but my question was more of a general (how to update install media to remove the application blocks

https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/windows-10-creators-update#comment-11804431

• Edited by Jaybird283 Monday, May 8, 2017 10:45 PM Edit
    Monday, May 8, 2017 10:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The main issue is that present Symantec version is not compatible with the Windows 10 1703 version as a result the upgrade failed. But updating Symantec to the latest version will resolve the issue and you want to add the Symantec update package to the upgrade ISO to resolve the issue, right?

When you upgrade device with an install image, computer will auto check if the current software is compatibility with the Windows 10 1703 firstly, the customized ISO won’t take effect during that time. The added update package won’t take effect until the upgrade process is successful and we boot the machine for the first time.

So adding the Symantec update package to the upgrade ISO won’t resolve the issue. Your best bet is to update Symantec Endpoint Protection to the latest Windows 10 1703 compatibility edition from Symantec website then perform the upgrade.

If I have misunderstood the issue please feel free to let me know that.

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 10:20 AM