Problems migrating Windows Live Mial to Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I was able to export my Live Mail contacts to a CSV file and import them to Outlook 2016. However, when I go create a new email and click the TO: tab, my contacts do not show up to choose from
    Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:28 PM

All replies

• Hello,

1. First check the CSV file you have exported, if it has the contacts or not. Because if there are no contacts it simply means that the file is corrupted.

2. If the file contains the contacts then, there is a possibility that the contacts are not exported completely.

Visit the following link to resolve your issue, it will surely help you.
    https://www.systoolsgroup.com/eml-to-csv-converter.html

Best Regards,
    Kelvin Howard

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:30 AM
  • Hi John,

According to your description, here are two things you’ll need to check and set correctly:

1. Go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings, click the Address Books tab, make sure the Outlook Address Book service is added to the profile:

If your Outlook Address Book is not listed, please click New, select Additional Address Books, and then click Next. You might to restart Outlook to apply the setting.

2. Right-click the Contacts folder, click Properties, go to the Outlook Address Book tab, put a tick in the box "Show this folder as an email address book":

Hope the above steps can be helpful. Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance on this.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:32 AM
  • If you have backup of Windows Live mail on your disk you can easily export them into any editions of MS Outlook including 2016 using with EML File Converter. As you know that Windows Live Mail backup on your disk save as EML file format.

www.voimakassoftware.com/eml-converter.html

Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:17 AM
  • May be your CSV file is corrupt. Firstly open you csv file in your local machine.
    Monday, November 20, 2017 11:45 AM